Department of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics > How to admit? > YES™
YES™ (Young Engineers and Scientists in Theoretical Mechanics) is a club for senior pupils engaged in research and engineering activities in the field of mechanics. Club was organized by FML №239 in collaboration with Fablab Polytech. In 2012, the club joined the Center for scientific and technical creativity of the youth, SPbSPU.
This club is designed to familiarize pupils with project activities and engineering. For example, the following projects were created within the club:
The club organizes weekly classes.
To join the classes one needs to contact the curator of the club, Andrey Murachev.
- 1 Goals of the club
- 1.1 Iteration 2013
- 1.2 Iteration 2011-2012
- 1.3 Iteration 2010-2011
- 1.4 Publications about the club
- 1.5 Links
- 1.6 Adverts of the club
Goals of the club
- Provide work skills in the scientific and/or engineering projects, from idea to realization
- Familiarize pupils with the world of mechanics and physics, beyond the scope of the school program
- Teach pupils to formulate and solve nonstandard problems
- Train pupils to present themselves and their work
The Club Project
- Realization of the hive behavior.
- The goal is to create a group of robots that could perform coordinated movement in space and as, a plan on future, to solve collective problems.
With all these silly webtsies, such a great page keeps my internet hope alive.
- Art.Lebedev team excursion to the Fablab Polytech (starting from 6:33)
- reportage about the club on the TV channel "St. Petersburg", April 10, 2014
- Feb 5, 2014 Maksim Lerman, Serafim Tkachenko and Maksim Bolotin participated in the Baltic scientific and engineering competition on behalf of the club. The project "Realization of hive behavior of robots" won the II degree diploma and spesial prize from the organizers.
- Apr 17, 2014 Maksim Lerman, Serafim Tkachenko and Maksim Bolotin received the I degree diploma in robotics section, the Russian National Conference "VoenMech discovers talents".
- ITMO University, Maksim Lerman, Serafim Tkachenko and Maksim Bolotin were awarded with the winner's diploma for the practical ingenuity at the 3rd all-Russian Congress of Young Scientists.
- Smartphone controlled car (robot)
- Search for the scenic views in Russia/St.Petersburg
- Launching of a homemade sounding balloon into the stratosphere
- Furniture making from the corrugated cardboard
- Creating models of atomic and molecular hydrogen
- Gauss gun
Curators of the club
- Launching of a homemade sounding balloon into the stratosphere. photos
- Mikhail Verhovyh. Designing and programming of a tricopter
- Valentin Grigor'ev. Verification of the Mendeleev-Clapeyron law for the gases whose particles interact via Lennard-Jones potential
- Vladislav Jurchenko. Modeling of the hydrogen molecules on the basis of Rutherford's atomic model
Curators of the club
- Baranov Ilja
- Bogdanova Anna
- Bogdanova Olga
- Verhovyh Mikhail
- Grigoriev Valentin
- Mironovich Vasiliy
- Troitsina Larisa
- Jurchenko Vlad
- Chugreev Vsevolod
- Lapko Daniil
- Panin Mikhail
Publications about the club
- 01.09.11. YES™ club is a research and education initiative. Published by Habrahabr
- 16.12.13. Petersburg pupils create robots-ants Published by the "Metro" newspaper.
- The official group on Vkontakte
- Department of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
- Center for scientific and technical creativity