Research and Education Center "Biomechanics and Medical Engineering "
About the Center
Research and Education Center "Biomechanics and Medical Engineering" was founded in SPbPU based on the order "About the restructuring SPbPU" № 304 from 03.04.2016. (Download pdf: 290 Kb)
- The main purposes of the center are:
- Organization and carrying out scientific and educational, research, innovation, and international activities; ;
- Implementation of the results of research and innovation in the educational process SPbPU in order to improve the quality of the educational process and provide a high level of scientific research component of the curricula SPbPU;
- Carrying out fundamental and applied research in the field of biomechanics and biomedical engineering;
- Development and realization of educational programs in the field of neuroscience, biomechanics and medical engineering, organization of practice and research, seminars and workshops, perform experimental tasks medical direction;
- Conducting research in the field of three-dimensional printing . Production of details with complex geometry and structure. Implants of the internal organs and skeleton printing.
Directors of REC
|| Head of REC "Biomechanics and Medical Engineering" Olga Loboda, |
docent, Candidate of physico-mathematical sciences, Deputy Head of Department of "Theoretical and Applied Mechanics" for academic affairs, senior researcher Laboratory for " Discrete Models in Mechanics (DMML)", Head of Research laboratory "Bionic systems"
|| Scientific supervisorr REC "Biomechanics and Medical Engineering" Anton Кrivtsov, |
Professor, Doctor of physico-mathematical sciences, Head of Department "Theoretical and Applied Mechanics", Head of REC "Gazpromneft-Politech", Head of Laboratory ""Discrete models in mechanics" (DMM)", Scientific supervisor Center for scientific and technical creativity of the youth (SCY)
|| Scientific supervisor НОЦ «Биомеханика и медицинская инженерия» Nicholas Vasiliev, |
Researcher Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston Massachusetts, USA, Head of RASA. The laboratory Medical Technology
- Research laboratory "Bionic systems." The laboratory is aimed (to develop the field) development in the field of bionic prosthetic arms and legs, including a remote control system based on the registration of muscle and brain activity.
- The laboratory medical technology. The laboratory is oriented to the development of modern medical equipment for surgery: surgical robots and machines, automated catheters, implantable devices, etc..
- The goal of the program: preparation of bachelors, with extensive knowledge in the common areas of mathematics and mechanics, advanced computational methods and information technologies; knowledge and skills focused on the solution of problems of biology.
- The general concept of training is based on a combination of a large number of fundamental orientation courses with courses that give a concept of modern methods and instruments used for in the field of biology and physiology measurements, computational methods and computer software packages for a wide range of problems at the interface of biology and mechanics.
- The nature and level of training of graduates allows them to study a Masters of this area or choose an educational route.