Nosé–Hoover thermostat is used to keep the temperature constant in the system. Thermostat is given by:
- - frequency
- - the initial temperature of the system
- - temperature of the system at the current time
- - speed of body
- - parameter of the thermostat
- - scale for
- - scale of stiffness for
The graph below has three parameters:
1) tau =- parameter of the thermostat
2) stiff =- stiffness of the system
3) scale - scale of graph
Last slider - the number of pre-configured experiment.
The graph shows the phase plane - dependence
- S. Nosé (1984). "A unified formulation of the constant temperature molecular-dynamics methods". J. Chem. Phys. 81 (1): 511–519.
- W.G. Hoover, (1985). "Canonical dynamics: Equilibrium phase-space distributions". Phys. Rev. A, 31 (3): 1695–1697.
- D.J. Evans, B.L. Holian (1985) The Nose–Hoover thermostat. J. Chem. Phys. 83, 4069.