International Master Degree Program
- 1 MSc in Mechanics and Mathematical Modeling for Oil and Gas Industry
- 2 Program content
- 3 Program partners
- 4 Where will you work afterwards?
- 5 Student campus information
- 6 Support
- 7 Admission process
- 8 Additional Benefits
- 9 Contacts
MSc in Mechanics and Mathematical Modeling for Oil and Gas Industry
Looking for opportunities to realize advanced projects in mechanics and especially in oil and gas production? Join our program!
Why should you choose IMDP “Mechanics and Mathematical Modeling for Oil and Gas Industry”?
- In-demand MSc program in English
- Strong fundamental base
- Leading professors from Polytech
- Top-ranked foreign professors
- Invited specialists from industry
- International academic mobility
- Prospective employment in R&D
About the program
|Fundamental background & Practical skills in the following fields:
Master of Science in Mechanics and Mathematical Modeling
|Special focus is set on
Oil & Gas Production
2 years, full-time
|| Total workload
|Fundamentals in mechanics and mathematical modeling:
||Computer simulation and computational mechanics:
|Special courses in Oil and Gas field:
Key competencies and skills that you will develop
- Solving real-life professional problems
- Advanced knowledge in various fields of mechanics and mathematical modeling techniques
- Carrying out projects in Matlab, Wolfram Mathematica and Maple programming environments
- Solving problems in Ansys and Abaqus packages
- Hands-on experience in machine learning
|II academic year|
|III semester||IV semester|
- Gazprom Neft PJSC
- Aberdeen University
- Technical University of Berlin
- Hamburg University of Technology
- Otto von Guericke University of Magdeburg
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Florida
- Graz University of Technology
- Technical University of Wien
- Tufts University
- Israel Institute of Technology
- Brown University
- Johannes Kepler University
- University of Stuttgart
- University of Glasgow
- Lappeenranta University of Technology
- Delft University of Technology
- Leibniz University Hannover
- Ecole Polytechnique
- OOO Corning SNG
- LLC "Nissan Manufacturing RUS"
- Aberystwyth University
- Polytechnic University of Turin, Italy
- Cardiff University
Realize your own project or join research teams of Research & Educational centers!
Research & Educational Center “Gazpromneft-Polytech”
The main purpose of the center is to carry out R&D projects for Gazprom-Neft, as well as to train highly qualified specialists in oil and gas production.
Сenter for Scientific and Technical Creativity of the Youth “FabLab Polytech”
This is an open high-tech workshop for the youth. The main purpose of the center is to provide students and schoolchildren with the opportunity to realize their technical ideas and to develop their start-ups.
Research & Educational Center “Biomechanics and Medical Engineering”
The main purpose of the center is to carry out fundamental and applied research in neurophysiology, biomechanics and medical engineering and manufacturing of details with complex geometry and structure, as well as printing implants of internal organs and skeleton by using three-dimensional printing in particular.
In this studio students are welcome to realize high-speed video and photomicrography. The studio can provide interested students with photographic equipment.
Jump at the internships opportunities in European universities and leading industrial companies!
Visit lectures of the TOP-ranked professors from all over the world!
|Tufts University, USA
Professor Mark L. Kachanov
|Technical University of Berlin, Germany |
Professor Wolfgang H. Müller
|Leibniz University of Hannover, Germany
Professor Udo Nackenhorst
|Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands |
Professor Andrei V. Metrikine
|Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands
Professor Wim T. van Horssen
|Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany |
Professor Holm Altenbach
Where will you work afterwards?
- Oil and gas industry companies
- Research and production companies
- Engineering companies
- Scientific and Research Centers
Student campus information
Our laboratories and centers:
- Higher School of Theoretical Mechanics
- Research & Educational Center “Gazpromneft-Polytech”
- Research & Educational Center “Biomechanics and Medical Engineering”
- Сenter for Scientific and Technical Creativity of the Youth “FabLab Polytech”
- Possibility to apply for the Russian Government Scholarship
Financial support (state-funded spots) for international students for the entire duration of the chosen educational program.
The financial support covers the tuition fee, accommodation in the university dormitory and an average monthly scholarship.
!!! If you apply for this government financial support and choose the International MSc Program “Mechanics and Mathematical Modeling” at Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, we will make every effort to convince the University authorities to support your application.
All our international students are provided with accommodation in our dormitories. The living costs for international students enrolled on basic education programs is about 3000 - 6000 rubles. The cost depends on the dormitory and comfort conditions.
How to apply?
- Offline test in the field of mechanics and mathematics
- Interview in English with program coordinator (in person or via Skype)
- Go through the admission procedure
Are you eligible?
- Bachelor, Specialist or Master degree in mechanics, physics, engineering, mathematics or related area
- English language proficiency at B+ level (Intermediate+)
- The admission test deadline is June, 15
- The application deadline is June, 30
- Fall semester starts on September, 1
Staying in the most beautiful city of Russia - St. Petersburg - will reward you with unforgettable experience!
Facts about the city
- St. Petersburg is the northernmost of the largest cities in the world and at the same time the second largest city in Russia
- St. Petersburg is the cultural capital of Russia, an epitome of world culture
- The historic St. Petersburg city center is included in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- St. Petersburg has more than 300 museums and historical monuments in addition to many more tourist attractions
- The city is called «Venice of the North» — it is situated over 42 islands in the delta of the Neva River. There are more than 342 bridges in the city with 20 spectacular drawbridges
- Cosmopolitan and safe city
- Extremely close to European borders less than 3 hours drive
|Program scientific supervisor||Program supervisor||Program coordinator|
|Corr. member RAS, Dr.Sci. Anton M. Krivtsov||Dr. Olga S. Loboda||MSc. Ksenia P. Frolova|
Address: 29, Polytechnicheskaya str., St. Petersburg, 195251, Russia (Building AF, room A2.23)
Web-sites: mech.spbstu.ru/IMDP, english.spbstu.ru
E-mail: interadmission spbstu.ru