It is used for recording and vizualization of fast-moving processes that cannot be seen with the naked eye. High-speed video cameras are widely used for:
- Scientific-research programs: registration and video record of fast-moving processes, e.g., hydrodynamics tests.
- Arms industry and firing grounds: test weapons and protection, ballistics, blast slow motion picturing. Related videos of bullet impacting metal objects can be found here.
- Aviation and space: high-speed filming of gas turbine engines, missile's launches, aerodynamics, testing aircraft seats.
- Setup and diagnostics of high-speed production lines, troubleshooting: packaging, cigarette manufacturing, plastic bottles, etc.
- Automobile industry: car crash and airbags tests.
- Sports and Medicine: biomechanics, athlete's movement analysis.
- TV and movie industry: special effects, advertising, sports competitions.
High speed camcorders manufactured in Russian
Camera Fastec HiSpec-1
High speed camera Fastec HiSpec-1 was bought by Department of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics in 2010 to promote the activity of National Research University SPBPU. It allows to obtain an image at up to 506 frames per second at a resolution of 1280x1024. This camcorder can shoot high ISO images up to 1600.
Examples of shooting modes:
- 506 f/s — 1280 х 1024
- 1008 f/s — 1280 х 512
- 2312 f/s — 480 х 480
- 112183 f/s — 144 х 2
Full camera features can be found on the website of our partner company "Sedatec"
In spite of the fact that the high speed camera is a very complicated electronic device, it is useless without correctly selected objective lenses. Set of three lenses was bought for our camcorder and is being used for different shooting conditions:
- Lens Navitar DO-1795, 1”, F/0.95, 17 mm with manual focus and iris;
- Lens Navitar DO-2595, 1”, F/0.95, 25 mm with manual focus and iris;
- Lens DO-5095, 1”, F/0.95, 50 mm with manual focus and iris.
Lighting equipment and other accessories for the high-speed video recording studio was supplied in 2011.
- Camera light Dedolight Fillini.
- Complete set of mobile light Dedolight SPS3.
- Shooting table ST 1020A.
- Diffuser for shooting table SP-0615T.
- Studio Background folding Raylab white 100x150cm.
- Studio Background folding Raylab black 100x150cm.
- Studio racks Manfrotto.