It is used for recording and vizualization fast-moving processes as it is not available for the human eye under normal conditions. High-speed video cameras are widely used for: [High-speed camera Fastec HiSpec 1]
- Scientific-research programs: registration and video record of fast-moving processes and tests, hydrodynamics.
- Defence industry and test sites: test weapons and protection, ballistics, blast slow motion pictures. Interesting video frames for bullet impacts on metal objects can be find here.
- Aviation and space: high-speed video at a gas turbine engine tests, shooting missile launches, aerodynamics, testing aircraft seats.
- Setup and diagnostics of high-speed production lines, troubleshooting: packaging, cigarette manufacturing, plastic bottles, etc.
- Automotive: car crash and airbags tests.
- Sports and Medicine: biomechanics, movement analysis athlete.
- TV and movie industry: special effects videography, advertising, sports competitions.
Russian High speed camcorders
Camera Fastec HiSpec 1
To promote the activity of SPBPU as national research university high speed camera Fastec HiSpec 1 was bought in 2010 by department of "Теоретическая механика". It allows to obtain an image at up to 506 frames per second at a resolution of 1280 x 1024. This camcorder has a high sensitivity (color photography to ISO 1600).
Examples of shooting modes:
- 506 f/s — 1280 х 1024
- 1008 f/s — 1280 х 512
- 2312 f/s — 480 х 480
- 112183 f/s — 144 х 2
Full camera features can be found on the website of our partner, company "Седатэк"
In spite of the fact that high speed camera is very difficult electronic device, it is useless without correctly selected objective lenses. Set of three lenses was bought for our camcorder and uses for different shooting conditions:
- Lens Navitar DO-1795, 1”, F/0.95, 17 mm with manual focus and iris;
- Lens Navitar DO-2595, 1”, F/0.95, 25 mm with manual focus and iris;
- Lens DO-5095, 1”, F/0.95, 50 mm with manual focus and iris.
Lighting equipment and other accessories for the high-speed video recording studio was supplied in 2011.
- Camera light Dedolight Fillini.
- Complete of mobile light Dedolight SPS3.
- Shooting table ST 1020A.
- Diffuser for shooting table SP-0615T.
- Studio Background folding Raylab white 100x150cm.
- Studio Background folding Raylab black 100x150cm.
- Studio racks Manfrotto.