Advanced Problems in Mechanics
The aim of this course if to introduce students to the modern mechanics and form understanding of mechanics main problems. Students will learn to solve these problems using mathematical modeling applying program packages, as well as experimental methods.
The course includes:
- Vector-tensor mechanics tool
- Fundamental tensors in Solid Mechanics
- Record the basic laws of mechanics using tensor relations
- Discrete and continuum models of mechanics
- Introduction to the theory of crystal lattices
- Microparameters lattice regarding mechanical characteristics of the material
- Mechanics of advanced materials and technologies
- Composite materials
- Biomaterials and mechanics of biological systems
- Functional and "smart" materials.
- Modern experimental methods of mechanics
- Review of methods for studying the microstructure of materials, non-destructive testing technology, high-speed imaging of dynamic processes
Students who have completed the course must know the modern state of mechanics of deformable media, theoretical and applied mechanics, should be able to determine the main objectives and formulate the main problems in mechanics.
Students have to be able to apply their knowledge to solving problems of mechanics and conducting experimental studies, to use software packages correctly or apply own methods of mathematical modeling in the analysis and solution of problems of natural science.
[http://tm.spbstu.ru/Numerical_Solution_of_Sine-Gordon_Equation_by_Reduced_Differential_Transform_Method Numerical Solution of Sine-Gordon Equation by Reduced Differential Transform Method]